Sunday, May 30, 2010

Contest Winners and Miscellaneous Information










Good Afternoon Everyone,

I hope you are preparing for a great Memorial Day and while you're at it please take a few moments to say a little prayer for our women and men in the armed forces. We owe them a lot for keeping us free.

Now, I know all of you are anxious to learn who the winner of my contest is, and I have a surprise for you. There are two winners. 1st place winner is Linda Henderson and second place winner is LuAnn. Congratulations ladies. I'm going to need your snail mail addresses. Please write to me at skmarshall@kc.rr.com and give them to me. If I don't hear from you by Tuesday, I will draw another name. As soon as the holiday is over I'll mail them to you. Everyone who didn't win, don't worry because you'll have another chance. Grin.

Now for a more serious subject, ebook piracy. I hate to run this subject in the ground, but it's so prevalent that our editors, publishers, cover artists and authors are not making money from their work. Here is a site to go to read more about this subject: Article on Ebook Piracy:
http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=3151

To add a little fun and spice to your life, I have added some pictures above of our little cats, Midnight and Dora. These little creatures have turned our lives up side down but we are totally in love with them. We still remember Max, our beautiful long-haired black male cat but we have room have room in our lives for these little ones. Oh, they aren't so little any more. lol Midnight has become huge. My hubby estimates she weighs about 30 pounds. Dora has filled out as well.

I'll leave you with this quote: "If you are in difficulties with a book, try the element of surprise: attack it at an hour when it isn't expecting it." H. G. Wells

Sounds like a great idea to me. Have a great holiday, and I'll be back next week.

Hugs,
Sandy
http://www.eirelander-publishing.com/addiction.htm

19 comments:

Linda Henderson said...

Thank you so much, I'm sending you my information.

K.T. Bishop said...

Why does everyone named black cat midnight? What about Tar.....

Sandy said...

You're welcome, Linda. Will look forward to hearing from you.

Sandy said...

K.T.,

They were both named before we got them so we didn't change their names because they were already familiar with them.

Our male cat who died was named Maximillian, and we shortened it to Max or Maxie. I like your name of Tar for a black cat.

Thanks for stopping by.

robynl said...

congrats to the winners;

Christie Craig said...

Hi Sandy,

Love the pictures of kitties. I did some photos of my kitties just yesterday.

Congrats to the winners.

CC

Linda LaRoque said...

Congratulations Linda and LuAnn. Your kitties are precious.

Happy Memorial Day!

Sandy said...

Thank you, RobynL. I'm sorry you didn't win. You usually win but the last two times you haven't. lol Your turn will come again I'm sure.

Sandy said...

Thanks, Christie.

Dora and Midnight are such darlings but they are mischievous. Grin.

Sandy said...

Thank you, Linda.

They certainly little darlings. One day, we'll a picture of them together.

Kandy Shepherd said...

Midnight and Dora are beautiful, Sandy. We also have a tortoiseshell who our vet describes as "little cat with black tummy". Her name is Tabitha though she is not a tabby cat, that's what my daughter wanted to call her!

Unknown said...

Congrats to the winners.

THAT'S where my kitties have been hiding - at your house. LOL. Your two little ones looks just like two of my cats.

This reminds me of a funny story. As a kid, I had a favorite black cat at my aunt's house. Her name was Katie. Katie would go missing for weeks or months from my aunt's house. One day, my aunt visited her friend and saw Katie at her friend's house. My aunt told her friend Katie was her cat. Her friend told my aunt that Katie was her cat. It turns out Katie had two homes - she'd visit each for a few weeks at a time.

Sandy said...

Thank you, Kandy.

Midnight and Dora's personalities are so different. Dory, my nickname for her, is so active and Midnight is our lazy cat but she puts up with Dory. lol Dora has a white tip on her tail so when it's dark I can recognize her by her tail. Grin. Is your tortoiseshell extra hyper?

Midnight never had to fight with other cats, but Dora had to fight for everything including food and water. She still wants to fight but Midnight is teaching her to play.

Tabitha is a cute name for a tortoiseshell. Smile.

Sandy said...

Thank you, Kandy.
Thank you, Ashley.

What a story you told about Katie. Oh my gosh, poor Katie must have loved both your aunt and her friend and didn't want to make a choice. So unusual because a cat normally picks one person to attach itself to.

Nope, we don't have your kitties. lol

April Ash said...

Love the quote...I should write at 4:00 AM when my H/H don't know what's coming...and my brain is so foggy I just sit there and write!
Marianne/April

Anonymous said...

Happy Memorial Day.

Congratulations to the winners.

Sandy said...

Thanks, April. That's what I should do, too. lol

Sandy said...

Thanks, Isis. I hope you had a great day.

Heather Snow said...

You make we want to go out and get another Tortie...

Hope you had a lovely holiday.